Everyone wants one, not everyone will get one. There are ways a seller can help get their sold sign that they deserve. One of the things that our clients can do is to help get their home ready. It could be as simple as removing clutter, cleaning, giving a fresh coat of paint and plant some flowers. All of these items are very inexpensive and easy to do. The best thing to do is to look at your home in the eyes of the buyer. Go across the street and look at it to see the curb appeal. That is the first way the buyer sees the home. Then look at the front door, they’ll be waiting there for a minute or two so a fresh coat of paint is a plus.
Want more tips, go to www.iwantasoldsign.info and register to see videos.
That is a question that I answer over and over. It is possible, there is hope. I want to share the tips you need to sell your home. There are so many important things that will make the difference between sold and disappointed. We want to give you the sold sign you deserve. To get our tips, visit www.iwantasoldsign.info. We’re just a phone call away for all of your questions at 561-352-3056.
We are so excited that we live and love Paradise. Right here in Palm Beach County, you can experience live that only other dream of and travel to enjoy during their vacations. It is a lucky place to live and experience.
The Best Of Palm Beach County
1. We have beautiful beaches that are a place for relaxation, exercise including surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, beach volleyball, building sand castles and so much more.
2. Outdoor dining is in abundance which is perfect for enjoying year round.
3. You’ll love culture with great outdoor concerts, wonderful plays and performances at the Kravis Center, smaller venues for intimate performances. There are free concerts at City Place and Jazz on the Avenue in Delray Beach.
4. The acitve lifestyle with beautiful weather makes this a healthy place to live.
5. Do you love festivals? Then you’ll love Palm Beach County. We have art festivals including the famous Delray Affair every spring.
6. A great sense of community with great parades including the very popular St. Patrick’s Day parades, the July 4th celebrations and the Downtown Delray Holiday celebrations with the ice skating, merry go round, 100 foot tree and Santa Clause.
7. There is no state income tax.
8. Boating is everywhere. Love to ski, great. Or is a canoe more your speed? That’s great too. There are ocean charters, catamaran day trips, or boating clubs. Whatever your speed, just get out there.
9. There’s lots too do. Peanut Island is a perfect place to hang out on your own boat or take the ferry for the day to snorkel, enjoy the nature of the island, take a tour of the Kennedy bunker or even camp overnight. You’ll see lots of people grilling, playing games or just hanging out at the sand bar.
10. Nature. It is everywhere. Take a walk or a ride in the everglades on an air boat. Canoe at on the parks to see the birds and turtles. See the tropical fish, stingrays and coral in the water. There is beauty every where.
No matter what your pleasure, it is all here. We look forward to making this your new home.
It always amazes our clients how much they have accumulated while living in their home. When they start thinking of packing, it can be overwhelming. If you start early with a plan, it will go so much easier. Here’s a few tips.
1. Go through your things to eliminate those that you will give away or discard. Do this before the move to avoid moving things unnecessarily.
2. Have a yard/garage sale.
3. Donate things to family or to a charity.
4. Begin going through closets, garage, attic; anything that has been stored (that you don™t use frequently).
5. Sort through memorabilia and old files.
6. Begin using up things that are hard to move.
The Treu Group
Keller Williams Realty
This is a great topic. It is one that we have discussed at length with our lender. FHA financing has become very popular with the 3.5% down-payment, great interest rates, and easier credit score qualifying. So what do I need to know if the home is not in perfect condition? Here are a couple of basics. FHA says it needs to be safe. So do you need appliances in the house? Surprisingly, no. The kitchen does need to have a countertop though. Can the pool be green? That’s a no. The pool needs to be on the blue side. There needs to be one working bathroom too.
If you’re buying a home that doesn’t qualify, no worries. There is the 203K program.
Please give us a call to find out more details.
Why is the closing delayed? Did the buyer get denied? Was it because of an old disputed account? Very possible. It is more important than ever to have a great lender do a proper pre-approval as they can help you pick up on items that can cause you to lose your home that you’ve fallen in love with and that would be so sad. So some basics:
When you have something on your credit report that you have disputed in the past, the dispute has to be removed. Even with zero balances. This can take weeks so it is important to know about it before you buy your new home.
We always want to deal with issues up front. To see how we can help you with finding your new home, contact us or visit us at www.treugroup.com. You can reach me at 561-352-3056.
How is the credit score figured?The credit score is a bit of a mystery however here are some guidelines. 1. 35% of the credit score is based upon the payment history. 2. 30% is based upon the amounts you owe so get the credit available to amount used down as low as possible. The general opinion is 30% of the credit line.3. 15% is the length of your credit history.4. 10% is the types of credit used.5. 10% is new credit. (Number of recent inquiries or new credit accounts open can impact your credit)
Mistake #1. The seller selects the wrong agent.
The first mistake that we see is a seller thinking that all agents are the same and do the same marketing so it really doesn™t matter which agent they hire. Hiring based upon obligation instead of a proven track record can absolutely impact the ability to sell a home. I spoke with someone this week and they were going to list their home with their neighbor. They didn™t know what company the neighbor worked for, how many homes she had sold, or any of the important statistics. I am constantly amazed that people are so quick to make a decision that could cost them thousands of dollars. I think the seller should slow down and really compare so they know they™re in good hands.
Do Sellers needing to short sale making the same mistake?This is so near and dear to our heart. We see sellers ending up at the foreclosure steps because they hired someone that only has a 24% success rate. I encourage sellers to call us and just meet with us. We have been nationally recognized because of our short sale track record so sellers can trust us. Mistake #2 The seller either doesn™t price the home correctly or is too slow to correct the price when it needs to be adjusted.Pricing is one of the key factors as we™ve spoken about on prior shows. It is important to listen to the market and react quickly. We are studying the market every day and sharing information to help our clients. The Number of Properties listed is the highest number for the past 3 months, The Sold properties are the lowest since February and the properties put under contract are the lowest for the past 15 months. Having said this, there™s no reason to panic. We just both need to pay attention. We are increasing our seller communication with more data, more feedback, more calls so they can understand the ever changing market and make really good decisions.
Mistake #3 The seller thinks that the way they live in their home is the same as the way they sell their home? We have personally sold 2 personal homes and have had to prepare our home to put them on the market. Having the home in show ready condition is critical in this market. All buyers want the same thing, the best value so the nicest home for the best price. What type of things does a seller need to do to prepare their home?It really varies from home to home. The most common item is to de-clutter. It is amazing how that makes a home so much easier to sell. A seller might need to paint, clean, replace carpet, or do some landscaping. We do a walk thru with the seller once we put it on the market and make recommendations to help them. There is sometimes a financial benefit to hire a professional stager.
Mistake #4 The sellers are home during showings or answer what seem like simple questions that can harm them during negotiations?We understand that the seller can™t always be gone for showings however we advise it for one reason; if they™re not there they won™t be asked questions. A professional agent can strategically ask questions that can benefit the buyer during negotiations without the seller even realizing it. If a seller must be home, they should go out back on the patio and re-direct the questions to their agent. We are always amazing what sellers will volunteer when we are showing other listings.
Mistake #5 Making it hard to show the home. With so many homes for sale, it is really important to allow the home to be shown as much as possible. If you make it hard to show, they will just go to the next home. We may never get a 2nd attempt. When I sold my last home, I had a supra lockbox with an appointment call. It is actually a very secure way to show your home.
Great news. If you want land, a great price and plan to use FHA financing, the Acreage is now an option again. With this change, we are expecting interest to increase so call us to get your great deal. The ban has been lifted so it is opportunity time. We can help you now. Call us at 561-376-2424.
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I’ve ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:” 1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10 When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ”In five years, will this matter?”.
26. Always choose life.
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
34 Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
35. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.